Valentine’s day is right around the corner. If you are on top of your game, you have reservations at your favorite restaurant, but if you procrastinated we’ve got some great ideas that will save you some time and money. You will look like a romantic hero for putting thought into this special occasion! We’ve got five unique ideas to share, as well as coordinating outfits that are available for purchase at The Loft in Ames, Iowa right now!
In the days of modern technology and especially in America, the land of plenty, you may find it increasingly difficult to shop and find the best gifts for your family and friends. It seems as if everyone has more then they need, or if they do want something it’s easily accessible. We have a few ideas to stretch your gift giving abilities to help you think outside the box when you are shopping this holiday season.
- Consign your gently used items: You can easily kill two birds with one stone by consigning your clothes and accessories that are filling your closet. This will allow someone to find a unique and lovely gift to share, as well as free up space for potential gifts you will receive.
- Give an experience: Instead of purchasing a physical gift, consider giving an experience such as movie tickets or a subscription to a series of live shows. These won’t take up space and if they take place in the winter, who doesn’t want to stay busy and stay out of the cold?
- Gift Cards: Give a gift card that will enable the recipient to pick out whatever they need. If you end up with a gift card to The Loft, they will be sure to shop a wide selection of one of a kind items.
- Shop Local: Find a local artist or shop a local business to make the gift giving process a community building experience.
- Use technology in your favor: Perhaps you have a social person on your gift list who is constantly posting on social media. This can offer great insight and inspiration into unique gifts. Consider if you discover they are gearing up for a trip to Florida and they just posted how excited they are to go. Stop in to The Loft and assemble an affordable get a way kit complete with a bag, sun hat, sun glasses, and statement necklace!
Gift giving may be seemingly difficult, but with a little thought and shopping at good local small businesses, you can make this a one of a kind Christmas!
As we near the final stretch to Christmas we couldn’t help but want to share some Santa trivia with you! Read on to see the connection between our beloved image of Santa and the all American drink, Coca-Cola!
Temperatures are dropping fast. We suggest you make the best of it. Chilly weather is the perfect excuse to come into The Loft for some retail therapy! One of our favorite staples is the ever versatile scarf! Here are five unique ways to wear a scarf to keep you stylishly cozy all season long.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner we wanted to inspire a few fashion friendly looks to go with your traditional family gathering. The Loft carries many lovely name brands that are gently used and ready to help you pull together any of these styles this holiday season!
Perhaps you’ve found yourself rummaging through your parent’s attic only to find a vintage peasant top from the 70s and you couldn’t resist adding it to your collection. This is proof that styles show up again and “recycle” themselves. But why does it happen and what do we see coming back in the next decade?