Imagine. It’s Homecoming night. After months of planning, the moment has arrived. Your date pulls up in the limo. He awaits you, corsage in hand along with that dashing smile that prompted you to say “Yes” without hesitation. After enjoying a nice dinner, you head to the dance. It has been a flawless evening up to this point. Then, upon arrival to the dance, you instantly spot 2 girls sporting the same dress you spent months looking for.
This tragic scene can be avoided by defining your own individual style and dare say going out on a limb to embrace the hottest fashions for 2012. You wont find two dresses alike at The Loft in Ames, Iowa. Read on to see the top 5 dress trends for homecoming this 2012!
Top 5 Dress Trends for Homecoming 2012!
1. Embellishments – Sparkle is sure to catch everyone’s eye on the dance floor. You can’t go wrong this season by choosing a dress with a little “bling”. When selecting a dress with embellishments, look for a style that has more muted tones to enhance the sequins or sparkle.
2. Bright Hues – Colors to keep in your back pocket this season are the bright neons. This includes orange, green, and yellow. These hues are sure to stand out among the rest. A spunky updo will complete this full of fun look.
3. Sweetheart Neckline – Flatter your figure by sporting a sweetheart neckline. It looks great on every body type by lengthening the neck and creating an overall slim-line look.
4. Pattern – Patterns are all the rage this year on high fashion runways. By going with a black and white dress you maintain a classic look while simultaneously adding interest with an eye-catching print.
5. Short and Sweet- When you are cutting a rug, the last thing you need is a ton of fabric in the way. Selecting a short style is not only practical, but also offers the opportunity to feature a fun and sassy, high-heel.