School is almost in session and it’s the perfect time to revamp your wardrobe. Bring in your retired outfits and use the money you earn money toward great quality name brand clothes. Don’t forget the opportunity to save coming up August 2nd & 3rd for the tax free weekend. We would love to help you stock your closet with affordable clothes, shoes, and accessories. Join us this month by bringing in your lightly used goods and shopping our vast selection of quality goods.
Mark your Calendar.
Tax Free Weekend!
When: Friday August 2nd and Saturday August 3rd
Where: The Loft
What: Iowa’s tax free holiday weekend starts Friday August 2nd. For more details on Iowa State tax information visit here.
When: Friday August 16th, 11am-12pm
Where: Duck Worth Wearing with a special stop at The Loft.
What: Did you miss Cy’s other visits? Never fear, he will show up again Friday August 16th! Free pictures will be taken with the mascot. Over 150 kids and parents stopped in to see our dear mascot and also received treats and special coupons for 20% off their next purchase. Pictures of last month’s event can be seen here.
A friendly reminder of the guidelines for consignment…
- Please bring your unwrinkled items up to 25 items a day.
- We take clothes, shoes, accessories, purses, prom dresses and formalwear.
- We accept misses sizes 0 to 16 & men’s sizes XS to 2XL.
- Please look over your items thoroughly. We will only accept the highest quality and current trend items.
- Please remove all garage sale stickers, and please do not safety pin or tape your outfits together.
- Your items are on the floor for 90 days, they will go on sale as we see fit so we can get the most money for you.
- After 90 days, any item that does not sell becomes the property of The Loft. The consignor will receive a call and given the option to pick up any item priced over $30.00 that did not sell in the 90 days.
- You will receive 40% of the selling price for items priced under $30.00 and 50% for items priced over $30.00.
- Once an item of yours has sold, the money goes directly on your account and you can come in at any time and receive your money (over $10 we issue a check) or use it as in-store credit. It is completely up to you!
- No appointment is necessary.
- No consignment accepted 1 hour before closing.
- No consignment accepted on Sunday.
Fall Consignment starts August 1st!
This September we will begin accepting the following.
- Winter coats
- Heavy sweaters
- Halloween costumes
Click here and then click on calendar for more details about what will be accepted this time of year and look for information regarding winter.
As we come closer to cooler weather, you will want to think about investing in some colorful and fun patterned scarves. Here is a throw back to a blog of ours from last fall. When shopping the Loft this summer and fall be sure to check out our amazing prices and selection on decorative scarves!
You Should Get to Know.
Each month we will be featuring a staff member for you to get to know! Our staff thinks of our consigners and shoppers as an extension of The Loft family and we want to connect! This month you should get to know our very own Kailyn Miller.
Who: Kaitlyn Miller
Position: Sales associate at The Loft.
Past: Kaitlyn has fond memories of her time growing up in Cumming, Iowa. Cumming is located just south of the Jordan Creek area, where her parents Jeff and Michelle still reside. Kaitlyn’s sister Kelsey is a fellow cyclone, and keeps her company here in Ames. Together the girls, along with their parents cared for several pets including cats, fish, and a parrot named Pretty Boy. 2011 marks the year that Kaitlyn fled the nest to attend ISU and has been working at The Loft ever since.
Present: Kaitlyn is currently a senior at Iowa State majoring in Political Science Education and History. When she is not busy with her studies she enjoys hanging out with friends, working, shopping, and experiencing all that college life has to offer!
Future: Kaitlyn’s passion for sharing with others has fueled her ambitions in becoming a high school or middle school social studies teacher. She hopes to stay true to her roots by teaching in Iowa, but is open to settling down anywhere her path my lead.
As the summer draws near to its end, and you prepare for a busy fall, please consider us a resource for all things fashion, affordable, and fun. We are so grateful to our consigners and shoppers who are critical to our success. We could not exist without the support and contributions of the Ames and surrounding communities.
Thank you for your business, and as always for shopping local!