Summers at The Loft are a blast as we have such great inventory coming through the store, and Main Street is always jam packed with great events including the Farmer’s Market, 4th of July Parade, and tons of great live music. We’ve also got Dollar Days and tax free weekend on the books making this the season to save big and check out all the great styles in store! For more details keep reading our Summer newsletter!
We also want to start this season off by congratulating our four highschool employees Mackenzie, Naomi, Kadin, and Regan who graduated this spring! Another big congratulations to our two ISU employees who graduated Cassie and Rachel!
Grab Your Planner
MAIN STREET FARMERS MARKET
The Ames Main Street Farmers Market is truly a community event. They are excited to bring people together from the surrounding area to enjoy the bounty of the locally grown produce, delicious baked goods and beautifully hand crafted items.
300 & 400 blocks of Main Street Ames, Iowa
The Loft owners, Eric & Amy Abrams have been happily married for 25 years and that is something to celebrate! Join them in marking this special occasion with a huge wedding anniversary sale!
Week of June 12th
In store with great deals all week long!
Sidewalk sales abound with great deals that can’t be beat! Bag sales to follow.
Thursday July 27th – Sunday July 30th
The Loft Ames, Iowa
4TH OF JULY PARADE SPONSORED BY DUCK WORTH WEARING
The 4th of July Parade presented by Duck Worth Wearing is a Main Street Cultural event. This is one of the largest events of the summer, and attracted thousands of attendees last year!
Tuesday the 4th of July at 11:00am
Main Street in Ames, Iowa
Join us in downtown Ames for an evening full of live country music, great food, and drinks! Keep tabs on the most current information by following the Firefly nights facebook page.
Friday, July 14th
301 Main Street Ames, Iowa
TAX FREE WEEKEND!
Come shop The Loft during Iowa’s Tax-Free Weekend to save big for back to school or a fall wardrobe refresh!
Friday, August 4th – Saturday, August 5th
The Loft Ames, Iowa
- Summer items are being accepted now including until June 30th: Tanks, shorts, sandals, summer dresses.
- July 15th – August 30th we will accept short formal dresses.
- During the month of July we are busy getting ready for fall so no consignment will be accepted, with the exception of short formal dresses.
- August 1st fall items will be accepted which includes: Jeans, Pants, Long sleeve shirts, light weight jackets, tall boots
- September 15th through December 31st fall and winter items will be accepted, which includes: Sweaters and Winter coats
What you need to know about how easy it is to consign….
Consignment at The Loft is very easy! We just ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Please bring your unwrinkled items up to 25 items a day.
- We take clothes, shoes, accessories, purses, prom dresses and formalwear.
- We accept misses sizes 0 to plus & men’s sizes XS to 2XL.
- Please look over your items thoroughly. We will only accept the highest quality and current trend items.
- Please remove all garage sale stickers, and please do not safety pin or tape your outfits together.
- Your items are on the floor for 90 days, they will go on sale as we see fit so we can get the most money for you.
- After 90 days, any item that does not sell becomes the property of The Loft.
- You will receive 40% of the selling price for items priced under $30.00 and 50% for items priced over $30.00.
- Once an item of yours has sold, the money goes directly on your account and you can come in at any time and receive your money (over $25 we issue a check) or use it as in-store credit. It is completely up to you!
- No appointment is necessary.
- No consignment accepted 1 hour before closing.
- No consignment accepted on Sunday.
Our racks are lined with unique and stylish jewelry, and clothes at prices that can’t be beat!
Be the First to Know
The Loft in Ames, Iowa is a well established consignment shop, popular with teens and adults alike. The space it inhabits and its beginnings are deeply rooted in another popular store, Duck Worth Wearing. Read on to discover what is so special about The Loft and how it came to be!
Until Next Time
Thank you for taking the time to read our news. We are committing to make this the best summer yet at The Loft and we can’t wait to keep sharing our one of a kind products with our one of kind shoppers.
Thank you for your business, and as always for shopping local!